Saturday, January 17, 2015

Craft Saturday

So today I worked on a few projects. The first one is an end table that I pick up off a Facebook page for $10.00. It has a lamp with it and was a little out dated. 

This was when I was sanding it.

But it wasn't going to look outdated after I was done with it!!! I sanded it down and painted it this beautiful cream color. It looks white bit it is a cream. 
I also spray painted the lampshade and I will be putting my own twist on it later. There is these magazine holds on the bottom of the table that I can't wait to find something to do with. 

My second project for the day was painting a whole lota of signs. I have been making these signs for every show or open house I have and these sell like hot cakes. I have a good friend of Tim and I's (oh Tim is my husband) who goes to Oklahoma City and gets pallets of boards from a cabinet company. These are their left overs. They work for a lot of different ideas. He sells them to me a dollar a board. 

This last time I got a whole pallet of them.They range in size but I like the different sizes. I just paint the boards, make the vinyl sayings, and boom I sell them for $12.00 each. I know $12.00 is a weird amont but I do it for two reasons. One when I go to show I have to charge taxes and in instead of me trying to figure out the taxes I just add it to the price before hand. And 2 I price things a little high because a good selling  point is I tell everyone all the prices are negotiable and people think they are getting a good deal. I know I would think I was. Here is a few things I have done with the boards...

I can cut state out of them.


Shelves...


The vinyl...


I can't letters out of them...  (I kept this one because I feel in love with it.)



This one is the one I sell the most of. Love!!!

The last thing I did today was this bad boy....



I love this so much!!! I thought it would be hard and it was at first but I think I have the hang of it now!!! The board was free and I had the paint!! Pure profect baby. I love those projects. This one I paint the chevrons, then sanded and paint the Kings and numbers. The longs part it do the chevrons. I don't like do them but when they are done it looks so cool.

Tomorrow is church but after I will be right back at it!!! I need to get stuff out the the shop. Busy busy busy!!! First show of the year is in March so I have to get stuff done! Now to sleep.

❤️
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment