Sunday, January 19, 2014

The Fighting Frogs

The Fighting Frogs is the team that I am on for Relay For Life. We was started by a nice lady named Mary Lara. She was diagnosed with colon cancer and the fighting frogs was started.

Mary lived in Burns Flat, Oklahoma. She knew everyone in town and everyone knew her. Everyone helped her out and she would always raise a lot of money. I never met her but I hear stories all the time. I started working at the Tag Office in Burns Flat in Feb of 2011. Mary lost her battle that March. That year for relay was crazy because there was so many donations.

Every year the prison out in our area makes a display for us. (Mary's Son use to work there) The 1st year I was involved it was a big (almost life size) boxing ring where you could get in and take pictures. The next year was a BIG record player that had life size girls cut out and moving about it. Last year I think was the best. I was a frog pond with a HUGE frog on the top. The lily pads had the different color ribbons on it. (Pictures down below) This year I don't think they can make anything but if they can I am going to get the counties cut out and put them around the track. Our theme is The Amazing Race Against Cancer. I just don't know how to decorate our team but I am sure with bing, google, and pinterest out there I will figure out something. If you have any ideas for a simple tent for the Amazing Race let me know down in the comment box.

Thank you for reading and keep looking back for some awesome stuff.

Thank You~
Sarah




No comments:

Post a Comment